Techsmith released a new version update for Camtasia Studio, now on version 9.0.
Camtasia Studio is a powerful screen recorder with integrated video editing tools. Among many other screen recorders on the market, Camtasia is really unique for it’s professional quality.
In addition to quality videos, Camtasia Studio has built-in share options to social media and cloud services, very helpful whenever you are working with collegues or want to share sometinh with the world or frieds directly on Youtube. It also supports Google Drive upload, Screencast and more.
Camtasia Studio 9 has some improvements and new features. It has new behaviors, callouts, captions worflow, a brand new 64-bit engine to faster editing and recording, canvas editing, color adjustements such brightness, contrast, etc., GIF support and new UI, looking more similiar with Mac version.
Overall, Camtasia Studio is a fully comprehensive app for creating good looking, professional videos using screen capture. The user interface is simple to grasp and the feature set is more than average.
On this tutorial, I am showing how to activate Camtasia Studio 9.0.0. This article was written on 4th November. If not working with newer versions, leave a comment!!
Download files you need
Camtasia Studio 9 Setup
Techsmith offers a 30-day free trial for Camtasia, allowing you to test all program’s features.
You can download the latest version using this official source. It’s a direct link, no need to registration.
If Techsmith releases a major version, let’s say 9.1, and my activation procedure doesn’t work, you can always download 9.0 I uploaded the setup file on my OneDrive.
The crack is a .INI (text plain file), it’s safe for download. Download through the button below.
Now that you have all the files we need, crack and setup for Camtasia Studio, follow the next instructions very carefully
- Disconnect from Internet. If you are using Ethernet connection, just unplug the cable. Keep internet off until tutorial ends.
- Edit your host file. I have a full guide about editing Windows hosts file and what that is. Check it out!. Add the lines of code available on hosts.txt file, on Crack folder I provided above.
- Run setup file, and follow instructions to install Camtasia Studio 9
- After, the Camtasia Studio will launch. You should see a dialog pop up saying you have 30 days trial. Close everything and exit the program.
- Open Run dialog. Hold Windows and R keys at same time. This is a shortcut for Run. Type %programdata%\TechSmith\Camtasia Studio 9
- A new Windows Explorer instace should start. Delete the RegInfo.ini file. Check the crack folder you downloaded and move that cracked RegInfo.ini to Camtasia Studio 9 folder.
At this point, Camtasia Studio 9 is activated! 🙂
However, let’s do a few more tweaks as precaution.
- Start Camtasia
- On top menu, go under Edit followed by Preferences
- Go to Advanced tab un-tick the two check-boxes for automatic updates
- Under Partners tab, un-check Allow sharing to Camtasia
- Finally, on Program tab, disable Send anonymous usage data
That’s it! Now it’s safe to connect to internet and you can use Camtasia Studio 9 as you like 🙂